Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pinterest Project

I saw on Pinterest how to refinish old furniture. I bought this side table for about $30.00 at Target for my fish tank. After about 2.5 years of rough n' tough damage from the tank's edges, it scuffed up the table pretty bad. The table is most likely press wood rather than real wood, however the paint job turned out pretty nice...3 coats later!

I originally was going to sand paper the sides to give it that "distressed" look, however the sponge brush that I used gave a similar effect that I liked better. 

Materials:
  • Paint from Home Depot, 1 pint- $9.00
  • Clear spray paint protectant- $4.00
  • Sponge brush (I already had one)- Can be found at any craft store
I bought this table in a dark espresso color, over time it was getting scratched up and not appealing at all. My room already has enough dark furniture and I figured...hmmm pop of color!

Here is the end result:

I painted a DollarStore picture frame in a coral paint and framed scrapbook paper and also bought a yellow/wood picture frame for $1.00 as well. I think it looks good against the turquoise. 
I had my Scentsy on all night (have a glass candle plate under) to test the heat it released or if it was going to melt the clear coat...Nothing! Checked this morning, I'm glad too because I love my Scentsy right there!

I placed my new photo album on the shelf above the drawer...it also has that turquoise threading on the cover.

What is it about this color that I love so much?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment