Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chewy Sugar Cookies

Delicious!
My dad asked me to make some sugar cookies and I came across this recipe here.
However, of course, I made my own changes!


My recipe:

The changes I made are underlined to the original recipe.

"Chewy Sugar Cookies"
Yield: about 2.5 dozen

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 cup Country Crock LIGHT
  • 1½ cups granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • Extra granulated sugar for rollin

"Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

In a medium bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy (about 5 minutes on medium-high speed). Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture stirring until a ball of dough forms.

Form rounded tablespoon-sized balls of dough then roll in sugar. Place 1½ inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until just starting to brown at the edges. Let stand on baking sheet two minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up a week."

A technique I learned from another blogger is to sort of pinch your dough balls into a tower so that they are more so taller than wider. This helps with the spreading of cookies when they bake.
I also DID NOT use an electric or stand mixer, just a spoon.
This recipe is a good one! I am going to keep it for sure :)
I wanted to make it slightly more healthier by using light margarine than butter.
I also put some white chocolate chips in a few of them and they turned out tasty too!


Happy baking!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment