Monday, June 29, 2015

Matcha Green Tea Latte

Whether it's to warm you up on a cold day or wake you up to a new start, nothing tastes as fresh as a creamy decadent Green Tea latte.
There isn't any coffee or a lot of caffeine in this beverage but still has that distinct green tea flavor that will coat the tastebuds in a smooth, velvety texture.

Most sushi places I have ever eaten at have had green tea ice cream as a dessert. Ever since I tried that creamy and delicious frozen dessert I wanted to taste that same rich flavor at home. After the sudden shock of seeing it in the aisle, I had to pick it up (even if it raised the grocery bill a bit). I purchased my Matcha powder from H-E-B right in the tea aisle with all the shelves and shelves of other unique teas. Just as anything else, there are different brands with different price tags. I picked up the one that was priced in the middle of the rest. Matcha was hard to come by in the grocery store and could only be found in certain shops and online. Because I never want to buy food items online, it kept me from purchasing and trying matcha at home. This is my first time to ever try matcha powder and I absolutely love the taste! NOT DISAPPOINTED!

Regular tea:

Heat up some water for 1 min and 20 sec in the microwave and add 1 tsp of matcha and Viola! A cup of rich green tea to calm the nerves.

Creamy green tea:

Add 2 tsp of sugar (I used regular) and 1 tsp of matcha in a mug


Add 3 tbsp of warm water to the mug and stir until sugar and powder has dissolved

Warm up 1 cup of regular or almond milk over the stove or in the microwave

Combine into the mug and whisk together

Creamy Frap:

Complete the recipe above using cold milk and blend with 1/2 cup of ice. Adjust the amount of ice to the texture you prefer. 

Enjoy!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment